Akash Anand, MD
A native of New Orleans, Dr. Akash Anand received his undergraduate degree in Neuroscience from Johns Hopkins University. He then went on to Tulane University School of Medicine and received his medical degree in 2006. Dr. Anand stayed on at Tulane to complete a one year internship in General Surgery and a four year residency in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery. After graduating from residency in 2011, he relocated to Charleston, South Carolina for a one year fellowship in advanced head and neck cancer surgery and microvascular reconstruction at the Medical University of South Carolina.
In July 2012, Dr. Anand returned to New Orleans to work at the Ochsner Clinic. During this time he founded the Snoring Center and focused primarily on advanced sleep and sinus disorders, until founding his own practice, GNO Snoring & Sinus, in 2014.
Dr. Anand is uniquely qualified in that he is the only fellowship trained ear, nose and throat physician in the region with an exclusive focus on treating sleep and sinus disorders. As a member of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine he is active in educating his peers and the public on the successes and failures of different treatment options, through invited talks, academic lectures and media appearances.
- Anand AG. Commentary on “Management of obstructive sleep apnea in adults: A clinical practice guideline from the American College of Physicians.” Annals of Internal Medicine. Epub 2013 Sep 30th.
- Anand AG, Gillespie MB, Day TA. “Management of the neck: Surgical Technique.” Head and Neck Cancer: A Multidisciplinary Approach, 14th edition. Chapter 14c.
- Anand AG. Letter to the editor: regarding “Ethics rounds: obstructive sleep apnea in a 17-year-old with profound cognitive impairment.”Pediatrics. Epub 2013 Apr 9.
- “In Office Treatments for Obstructive Sleep Apnea.” Louisiana Academy of Sleep Medicine Annual Meeting. October 2014.
- “Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Diabetes.” South Eastern Louisiana Association of Diabetes Educators Annual Meeting. Spring 2014.
- “Beyond UPPP: Surgical modifications of the hypopharyngeal airway.” Louisiana Academy of Sleep Medicine Annual Meeting. October 2013.
- “Obstructive Sleep Apnea.” Humana Guidance Center. June 2013.
- “Beyond CPAP: Surgery for obstructive sleep apnea.” Golden Opportunity. June 2013.
- “Snore…No More. ” Golden Opportunity. February 2013.
- “Obstructive Sleep Apnea.” Eyewitness News Morning Show. WWL. January 4th, 2016.
- “Obstructive Sleep Apnea.” The Morning Edition. WVUE. September 26th, 2013.
- “Sinus and Allergy.” Doctors New Orleans. WLAE. March 2015.
- “Snoring and Sinus Disorders.” Doctors New Orleans. WLAE. November 2014.
- “Hello Health: Snore…No More.” WLAE. March 11th 2013.